RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Mar 25, 2013

ARTICLE: My Chemical Romance Break Up: Gerard & Mikey Way Explain Why

"My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die."

 On Friday night (March 22), My Chemical Romance announced the band’s breakup, after a dozen years and four studio albums.

Stunned by the news of MCR’s breakup, the band’s rabid legion of fans quickly raised questions, and theories began to swirl. In an attempt to explain the band’s sudden demise, members took to social media to share their thoughts.

“I woke up this morning still dreaming, or not fully aware of myself just yet,” said frontman Gerard Way in a post to his Twitlonger page this morning (March 25). “The sun poked through the windows, touching my face, and then a deep sadness overcame me, immediately, bringing me to life and realization- My Chemical Romance had ended.”

Way explained how he and his bandmates knew it was time to end it. “Many a band have waited for external confirmation that it is time to hang it up, via ticket sales, chart positioning, boos and bottles of urine- input that holds no sway for us, and often too late when it comes anyway.”

Way also revealed that there was no central person pushing for the breakup. “The triggerman is unimportant,” he added. “There wasn’t even a blaze of glory in a hail of bullets…”

“I feel love for you, for our crew, our team, and for every single human being I have shared the band and stage with- Ray. Mikey. Frank. Matt. Bob. James. Todd. Cortez. Tucker. Pete. Michael. Jarrod.”

Gerard concluded: “My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die. It is alive in me, in the guys, and it is alive inside all of you. I always knew that, and I think you did too. Because it is not a band- it is an idea.”

Mikey Way, Gerard’s younger brother and the band’s bassist, followed by posting a brief tweet thanking his family and friends.
" I want to thank everybody who helped make the past 12 years an unforgettable journey for me. Family, friends and fans- Thank You"

It is being speculated that My Chemical Romance could reform in some incarnation under a new name, minus Frank Iero. The MCR guitarist has not only announced his new electronic hardcore band Death Spells with former My Chemical Romance touring member James Dewees, but the band has just released a track titled “Where Are My F***ing Pills” (below), along with a brief east coast tour opening for Mindless Self Indulgence.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment