RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Oct 10, 2011

REVIEW: Tour Blogger: Honda Civic Tour Charlotte, NC

by Rayven

Despite getting to the venue an hour-and-a-half later than I planned on, I was psyched to get to see My Chemical Romance for the first time, after waiting for what seemed like forever. When we arrived, I got out of the car to find hundreds of lovers of MCR, Blink-182, and Matt & Kim being just as excited as I was. I was taken to an area where a few others and myself waited for entry to the photo pit. Then it was time. We were walked out to the stage to wait for My Chem to come on, and that's when all those feelings finally started hitting me.

Nervous. Excited. Amazed. Just to name a couple, that is. My whole body was shaking at the overabundance of emotions, and at the thought of being just a few inches, maybe even centimeters, away from the men that saved and changed my life. I glanced up at what was going to be Gerard's mic stand in about thirty seconds and thought "Wow. I'm really here. They're really going to be that close to me." It pretty much brought those tiny little tears you only get when something wonderful is going to happen to my eyes. That's when the lights went out and everyone started screaming, signaling that I was about to have a life-changing experiance.

At first I couldn't see anything, as it was already dark out, then the lights came and directed all of our impatient eyes to the entry way. First I saw Ray walking out, with a huge smile on his face, then Frank, wearing a little vampire cape with "Dracula" scrawled across his shirt, Mikey, casual as always, and Gerard, hinting a smile as he walked to the mic. There they were. Right in front of me. Ready to give us their all. A huge grin instantly took over my sweaty, slightly teared face. The music started coarsing through our veins as we busted into Na Na Na. All the while I was singing along, trying desperately to keep my camera steady. I was running back and forth, trying to capture every moment I possibly could on camera. Behind me there were thousands of people screaming every word at the top of their lungs. It was the first time in my life I had felt that I was meant to be somewhere, like I had finally found somewhere I belonged, the very first time no one was going to look at me like another species for doing what I loved the most.

 Na Na Na finished, and led us straight into I'm Not Okay. In between lines, Gerard would occasionally spit onto the stage. He must have misjudged his spitting range, and some of it ended up on my face. He realized this and looked down, a tad wide-eyed, and mouthed an apology. Though I know his saliva now rested upon my cheek, all I did was smile up at him with my over-enthusiastic, awe-struck teenager grin that had taken claim over my face. This moment has become an interesting topic of conversation. I honestly don't think anyone has ever smiled that much after getting spit upon.

We all danced and sang through Planetary, Give 'Em Hell, Kid, The Only Hope For Me Is You, Mama, Helena, Our Lady Of Sorrows, Teenagers, Famous Last Words, and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. The crowd, consisting of a girl in my group of killjoys I was supposed to meet, but didn't get the chance to until my first time in the pit, my mom, aunt, one of my friends that I had the oppurtunity to bring along, and thousands of other people that felt the same way I did, was going crazy, losing their voices for their passion for music. I'm sure everyone was sweating as much as I was, my innocent Jet Star jacket now completely drenched in bodily fluids. Then Welcome To The Black Parade started playing. The whole audience, knowing every word, completely overpowered the band. The lit skeleton soldier up on the screen, the whole crowd singing along, and My Chemical Romance in themselves made those moments unforgetable to anyone there, whether they be fans or innocent bystanders. It was a beautiful broadcast of what this band does to people, an excellant representation of the infectious disease these men give off. Then there was MCR's finale. Cancer was the last song before we had to say our goodbyes.

We all sang along and screamed until our voices were hoarse, jumped up and down to every song until our bodies couldn't take it anymore, and were completely absorbed into these four men we call our favourite band.

Frank and Ray's face melting guitar, Mikey's body vibrating bass, Gerard's earsplittingly awesome voice, and the crowds ability to have every different emotion neccesary for each song left us with an irreplacable connection, and made this a night I dont think any of us will ever forget. This is a night I will never let go. The best night of my life. A night that I only hope to live again some time in the future. A night I would do all over again if I had the chance.

I thank you SO MUCH for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity, and for letting me have this beautiful experiance. I'd like to thank Gerard, Mikey, Frank, and Ray for always being there, even thought they may not know it, and for giving me the best night of my life. Id like to thank each and every fan for being there for the rest of us, and raising my bar even higher than I already knew you would.

Rayven Williamson.

I'm a killjoy, and I DID make some noise.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment