RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Aug 27, 2011

NEWS: My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way reveals how he met Brian May

The Reading Festival hook-up started with an email… 

My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way has told NME how he first hooked up with Queen’s Brian May - who joined them onstage at Reading Festival last night. 

Guitarist May played Queen’s ‘We Will Rock You’ and MCR’s ’Welcome To The Black Parade’ at the headline show, with Way explaining that they first met after he emailed May out of the blue.


The singer explained:

"I wrote an email to Brian after getting his email off [producer] Rob Cavallo. There was this story that you [Queen] played a show in Paris and got booed off and Freddie [Mercury] said, ‘We’re gonna come back and be the biggest band in the world’. And after what happened to us at Reading in 2006 [when they were bottled], people would ask us, ‘Are you gonna do that again? [play the festival]’ and I’d go, ‘Not unless we’re headlining it

So I told him this whole story and how we were gonna go back and could he give me some advice. So we just got talking and I went to his house – I got off a plane, went to his house, went to his jam room, jammed out, did a soundcheck. I had a feeling that morning, it flipped in my brain, not, ‘Are we ready for this’, I almost felt like ‘Is the crowd ready for us?"

 
CREDIT: nme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment